Wildman Outdoors
September 24, 2021, 12:08:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please be respectful to all other users in this forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cedar Lake Walleye Fishing - Annandale, MN  (Read 11156 times)
mwildman42
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: June 18, 2011, 12:57:38 pm »

Well, the first fishing trip of the year on Cedar Lake was a success!  Less than 1 minute after casting out a Lindy rig with a crawler, I had a strike.  When I set the hook, it was a big one.  After fighting the fish for a couple of minutes I looked in the bottom of the boat for the net which I realized was still hanging in the garage back at the cabin.  Whoops!  I continued fighting the fish until it got close to the surface.  When I caught a glimpse of the fish, I realized it was about a 6 pound carp.  How disappointing!  After succsesfully landing the fish, I continued on in pursuit of some walleyes.  The next strike I had I was much more confident was a walleye.  I set the hook into another big fish.  Still with no net, I knew I would have a challenge getting this one in the boat.  After three attempts to grab the walleye, I finally got my hands under the fish and lifted the 4lb 13oz walleye into the boat.  Pretty good for the first walleye of the year!  I didn't have to wait long for the second fish, a 2lb 12oz eater. 

I headed out later for evening fishing with the two boys.  Still using a crawler and lindy rig fishing in about 8-10 feet of water, we ended up with a 4lb 1oz walleye and a 2lb 2 oz walleye in about an hour and a half of fishing.  I had the net in the boat this time and the boys were super excited to see dad catch a couple of nice walleyes.  I ended up the weekend with one more 2 lb walleye so I ended up one fish short of catching a limit for the weekend.  Good start to the year though.

Wildman Custom Rods
We specialize in affordable custom rods.
www.wildmancustomrods.com
mwildman42
Administrator

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:52:04 pm »

July 4th Walleye fishing on Cedar Lake was a little slower than it had been earlier in the year.  Reports from the locals were that fishing had been slow.  A major cold front moved through the area on Friday night.  Saturday I managed to catch one small walleye on a crawler and lindy.  Sunday morning I managed one more small walleye and Sunday night I finally got a keeper.  It was a 20-incher and came out of the weeds in about 8 feet of water.  Monday I caught three walleyes, one border line keeper that swallowed the hook so I ended up keeping it too.  All of the fish were in 8-12 feet of water and holding tight to the weeds.

The boys and I did a little bluegill fishing on Tuesday and caught 24 keeper bluegills in about 4 feet of water.  The boys had a blast and my 3 year old caught a 15 inch bass to go with the bluegills.  We had a blast.  Looking forward to our next trip to the cabin.

Wildman Custom Rods
We specialize in affordable custom rods.
www.wildmancustomrods.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: