Wildman Outdoors
February 26, 2021, 09:38:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Wildman Outdoors

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Fall Trip  (Read 5927 times)
mwildman42
Administrator

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2011, 01:04:07 pm »

We just returned from the annual Wildman Boys Fall Trip.  Ben, Adam, Dad, and myself spent September 30-October 5 fishing in the Park Rapids, MN area.  Saturday found us facing pretty strong winds, but great fishing.  Ben and Adam found a spot out in the wind where the walleyes were hammering and boated 6 nice walleyes the first morning.  Dad and I found a couple nice fish, but they were scattered out.  Sunday was a little tougher with no wind and sunny skies.  We only managed a couple of fish.  On Monday, Dad discovered that the fish were actually still biting, just not on Redtails.  He tried a green nightcrawler and once we all switched, we started catching fish again.  Monday and Tuesday we consistently caught walleyes on crawlers in about 10 -12 feet of water.  We limited out on Tuesday morning, ate some walleyes for lunch, and then fished Tuesday night until we filled up our limits again to bring some fish home.  It was a great trip and I am looking forward to next year already.  Time to get the bow out!

Wildman Custom Rods
We specialize in affordable custom rods.
www.wildmancustomrods.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: